Monday, June 24, 2013

Ringing

The ringing, it sounds
The music it drowns
Washing away that which once mattered.
Now that I float among the debris, I feel at home.
Broken promises and shattered souls, these are my friends.
The light promises a better future, the ringing helps to drown out the voices but the waves they keep coming and the horizon never seems to draw any closer.
Sinking under seems too easy.
Let the weight build and caress me to a dirt bed where I can sleep soundly.
Compassion keeps me afloat... Fear keeps me awake....
Ignorance keeps me curious... And knowledge brings me more to question.
This is an endless loop of circular logic.
Break free, I must. help me... I need wings to lift me out of this place.
Like words spoken to a mannequin, these dreams will be long forgotten.
No reason to remember things that never should have come to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment