Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Me oh...

What a time to wake again,
taking with me my old friend.

What is real, I have to think. Stop, no, yes.
I am here, this is real.

Words slink through my head. Melting slowly into the folds of my mind, cold like the dripping Popsicles of summers gone.

Vision is bent and bright and new, flickering images focus into reality and I blink faster as if I can tune into reality.

Hopeless begins to take its grip and my vision again begins to vibrate, thoughts come and go like waves, my eyes loll around attempting to stay centered.

For but a moment fear grips my chest, hot with panic I scream internally as reality suddenly cracks and a splinters, and begins the fall.

Pulled down fast, impossibly fast. Like gravity, no, faster. Like a force stronger than anything I dare imagine. Bent and twisted, laws of nature no longer exist and I feel my body stretched out longer and longer. I am a thin rope of matter flying through a dark void into an even darker rumbling pit of energy, hungry, mindless, energy.

I decide to let go, what is the worst that could...

SNAP

I sit, still, quiet, unblinking. The light of the room fades to normal as if recovering from a sudden flash of a camera. Normality seems to have arrived in the flick of a thought.

Testing the waters I blink again and return my focus to the seemingly restored world around me. Nobody seems to have noticed my lapse of sanity, my shuffling of reality...

Back to work I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment